Individual wellbeing service options and packages
Stress Action Planning per employee
The SAP is a recognised method of helping a member of staff who has work related issues or concerns that are impacting on their health to identify these and develop solutions.
- The member of staff will receive direct support to complete the SAP and identify how they might address stressors
- Support will be provided if necessary to facilitate a meeting with the member of staff’s line manager regarding the SAP
- A follow up on progress with actions
Wellness Recovery Action Plan per employee
The WRAP is a recognised method of helping a member of staff with a long term or chronic health condition that is impacting on their work, to improve the management of their condition.
- The member of staff will receive direct support to complete the WRAP to identify triggers that exacerbate their condition and practical measures to deal with these
- Support will be provided if necessary to facilitate a meeting with the member of staff’s line manager regarding the action plan
- A follow up on progress with actions
Dispute resolution and mediation
Relationship issues in the workplace can be disruptive not only to those involved but also to other colleagues. They can get in the way of productivity, collective working and achievement. Trained mediators will help the parties involved to understand the true cause of their dispute and facilitate the creation of solutions that all parties agree on.
A mediation normally takes around six hours to complete.
Musculoskeletal Injury Rehabilitation Scheme
MIRS is a fast track physiotherapy treatment service that helps staff with a musculoskeletal injury (back pain, muscle strain, overuse injuries, frozen shoulder, whiplash, ligament damage, tendonitis, sciatica, etc) in managing or reducing the impact of their injury on work. People who are referred to the service consistently report the treatment either helped them return to work earlier, or prevented them taking sickness absence.
The service includes:
- An initial telephone assessment with a physiotherapist within 24 hours of being referred to establish the best course of treatment, and where required an initial treatment session is usually offered within three working days
- An assessment report for the line manager outlining the problem and recommended treatment
- A discharge report for the manager reiterating the information in the assessment report and providing an assessment of the outcome of any treatment given
- Functional capacity evaluations for members of staff who are reporting that their health conditions are limiting their capacity to undertake their duties
Workstation, workplace and vehicle assessments for members of staff who are reporting these are having an impact on their health condition are also available on a pay per use basis.
Norfolk Support Line
Norfolk Support Line provides immediate access to independent, confidential and professional advice and counselling, 24 hours per day, seven days a week, 365 days a year, on matters such as:
- Money management
- Substance misuse
- Legal queries
- Consumer advice information
- Domestic matters
- Emotional problems
In purchasing the scheme schools have full access to the Support Line for their staff on permanent contracts, or temporary contracts of one year or more. Where appropriate, the Support Line will provide up to five telephone or face-to-face counselling sessions to address short-term acute issues.
We are experts in providing NHS health checks in the workplace and are seen as exemplars in providing this service by Public Health. Providing NHS Health Checks in the workplace has proven to reach some groups that are reluctant to attend checks at their GP surgery, as they are more accessible and convenient.
During the appointment the employee will have an assessment of:
- Blood pressure
- Pulse rhythm
- Physical activity levels
- Alcohol usage
- Blood cholesterol levels
- Blood sugar levels (if appropriate)
- Risk related to family history
The results and implications will be conveyed to the employee in a practical way to help them make changes to reduce their risk of cardiovascular disease and diabetes.
Health checks are available to all members of staff. Schools will only be charged for employees not eligible for the NHS scheme.
Email email@example.com for more information.