Cookie Consent by Professional indemnity insurance - Norfolk County Council

Professional indemnity insurance

Professional indemnity insurance, also known as PI insurance or Indemnity insurance, can help protect your department if claims are brought against you by an external client due to a problem with professional advice which you have charged them for.

Our professional indemnity policy will offer cover for compensation you may need to pay as a result of your client suffering a loss due to them relying on or acting upon incorrect advice that you have given them.

Do you need professional indemnity insurance?

You may require PI insurance if you provide and charge for professional advice or a consultancy service to external clients and organisations outside Norfolk County Council.

PI insurance is not issued as standard cover, so if your department requires it you need to contact us as soon as possible.

If you are considering charging for new services or ones that previously were not charged for, contact us to discuss your proposals and we can provide a quotation depending on levels of cover needed.

Download a copy of the professional indemnity certificate. If you need further information, email us at

Was this webpage helpful?