Property insurance

Our property insurance policy covers against:

  • Malicious damage
  • Impact
  • Aircraft
  • Theft or attempted theft
  • Fire/flooding
  • Escape of water
  • Windstorm
  • Lightning damage/explosion
  • Accidental damage
  • Civil commotion

You will need to contact us via email if there are any planned changes to your property or contents of your property which may affect levels of insurance cover, this includes:

  • Extensions and other major building works
  • Vacation of premises
  • Loan or purchase of expensive or specialist equipment
  • Additions such as solar panels, wind turbines etc

If you need more information, email us at

Frequently asked questions

What's the difference between buildings insurance and contents insurance?

  • Buildings insurance covers the structure of the property together with its fixtures and fittings.  It covers the cost of repair or rebuilding after fire or weather damage, for instance.  Contents insurance covers the contents of the property, ie the possessions you would take with you if you moved.

What Is new for old cover?

  • Our property insurance policies are set up on a new for old basis which, provided your sums insured are not understated, covers your property for its replacement value at today's costs. You should always read the policy to check for any specific exemptions.

Was this webpage helpful?