All bookings are subject to the completion and confirmatory signature by the hirer of Norwich Professional Development Centre.
It is the responsibility of the hirer to check all details recorded on the Booking Form supplied, including catering requirements and availability of any equipment not specified as standard for the room(s) booked. Any requests for alterations or additional services must be notified to the reception staff (Tel: 01603 307711) who will issue an amended Booking Form for the hirers signature and return if the alterations or additional services are agreed.
By signing the Booking Form, hirers agree to be responsible for:
- Settling the room hire/ catering etc. fees upon receipt of the invoice which will be issued shortly after the booking is made (Norfolk County Council hirers are to supply their expenditure code at the time of booking to enable a journal transfer to be processed)
- Indemnifying Norfolk County Council against any costs, claims, expenses or liability for damage to property or injury to persons arising from their use of the facilities, except to the extent that this damage or injury is caused by the negligence of Norfolk County Council or its staff or agents
- Ensuring that the numbers attending the conference/ event do not exceed the allowable capacity of the individual room(s) hired (obtainable from Reception staff when discussing booking details)
- Operating the Norfolk County Council’s no-smoking policy while on the premises
- Ensuring that the conference/event participants are notified at the start of the event of the evacuation procedure in operation for each room hired (details are located in each room)
- Ensuring that the room(s) hired are vacated by the time specified on the Booking Form
- Undertaking a risk assessment prior to the event and putting in place appropriate safety precautions
- Ensuring that all equipment supplied by the hirer is in good working order and is safe for use and complies with all applicable health and safety requirements (including electrical testing requirements)
Only food purchased on the premises can be eaten on the premises.
Any cancellation of accommodation or services will be subject to cancellation fees, in accordance with the timetable below.