If you are going to be carrying an abnormal load you may need to notify us first.
Slow moving traffic
The Highway Code states that slow moving traffic should not cause a long queue of traffic. If necessary, pull in where it is safe and let traffic pass. Travel on main ‘A’ class roads should be avoided at peak times.
Agricultural vehicle and trailed appliances restrictions
The NFU provides guidance on the following topics:
- Agricultural vehicle weight restrictions – Orderline Ref 108R
- Agricultural vehicle dimensions – Orderline Ref 104R
- Wide and projecting loads – Orderline Ref 117R
- Mounted implements – Orderline Ref 110R
- Agricultural trailed appliances – Orderline Ref 109R
Visit the NFU website or call their Orderline on 0370 845 8458 for more information.
Take care neither to overload trailers or muck spreaders, and do not carry loads that overhang a long way and obstruct other traffic.