EU-funded grant schemes in Norfolk
Some EU programmes fund large projects which themselves set up grant schemes which businesses can apply to for funding. The following programmes offer grants and advice direct to businesses:
New Anglia Growth Hub
New Anglia Growth Hub, part funded through the European Union European Regional Development Fund (ERDF), helps businesses access a range of business support services, local and national from hundreds of sources. The hub’s service is free and impartial and exists to help you access grants, finance, start-up support, expert advice, apprenticeships, coaching, digital support and much more.
Business growth advisers can talk with you over the phone or you can request a free appointment at your business premises.
Innovation New Anglia
Innovation New Anglia, part funded through the European Union European Regional Development Fund (ERDF), operates across Delivery Partner hubs throughout Norfolk and Suffolk, spanning the sectors of high value manufacturing and engineering, clean technology (transport, buildings, technologies, energy), biotechnology (agri-bio, industrial biotech, food & health, med-tech) and infotech (smart cities, ICT).
Whether you are an inventor, innovator, entrepreneur, researcher, student, business or research organisation, Innovation New Anglia is there to help you. Generate great new ideas, invent a new product or service, discover applications for your research, set up your own business, create growth and opportunities within your business, enter new and emerging markets and collaborate with the research base.
The Innovation New Anglia programme provides tailored business support, sector specific expertise and advice, networking opportunities at events, masterclass workshops, opportunities for collaboration.
BEE Anglia is a three-year programme which will provide free support to at least 1,000 SMEs across Suffolk and Norfolk to become more energy efficient. It has been developed by Suffolk County Council, Groundwork, Nwes and Norfolk County Council and is part funded through the European Union European Regional Development Fund (ERDF)
The BEE Anglia support programme provides energy efficiency audit support from a groundwork adviser, accreditation to the Carbon Charter – a recognised, local standard, access to grant funding for next-phase technologies, specialist support options - for example through travel planning or by joining an environmental leadership programme, or by accessing specialist consultancy, eg product and package design.
Connecting SMEs to academic expertise and graduate talent, this new European Regional Development Fund-subsidised programme will help boost your business through research and development support that will help you launch new products and services.
By partnering with Anglia Ruskin University, KEEP+ will provide your small to medium sized enterprise (SME) with a flexible programme that will help you innovate. KEEP+ is designed to help your company:
- Develop new products or services
- Increase profitability
- Reduce costs
- Provide you with a stepping stone to larger-scale innovation opportunities
- Access graduate talent
The programme offers four interventions.
- Knowledge Exchange and Embed Partnerships (KEEPs)
- Research and Innovation Collaborations (RICs)
- Innovation internships
- Innovation network events
Business Support and Grants for off shore renewable energy
Supply Chain innovation for Offshore Renewable Energy (SCORE) is a £6m grant fund and support programme for small and medium sized companies that are developing new ways of working or innovative technologies in offshore renewable energy.
Grants of up to £50,000 are available to help companies across England to develop new products, processes and ideas – from patenting a product to exploring concepts that offer new ways of solving problems and driving efficiency.
The current SCORE programme, which is part financed by the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) and delivered by OrbisEnergy, aims to help 200 innovative businesses and create 100 new jobs. Grants are available for up to 40% of eligible costs or £50,000, whichever is the lower, with a minimum grant of £2,500.
Grants are not the only support available, companies can access up to 12hrs of subsidised business support to help grow and develop their business to assist them within the offshore renewables sector.
Innovation Bridge is a new three-year £3.9m economic development project funded by the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) running until summer 2019, offering:
- Free support to help your business innovate and grow
- Access to specialist university expertise and grants with University of Bedfordshire, Anglia Ruskin University and University of Suffolk
- A grant programme to support the implementation of a growth plan
Innovation Bridge can help:
- Individuals or start-up and existing businesses with fewer than 250 employees
- Businesses looking to grow and develop a new product or service with experts at the cutting edge of research
- Businesses based in Norfolk and Suffolk and other areas.
- Providing an initial free business review and then the support of a university academic to develop an innovation action plan to support the growth of the business. Following the action plan, there is a grant programme which can offer up to 30% of the costs of the implementation of elements of the plan.
- An initial assessment, either face-to-face or over the phone
- Specialist academic support and expertise to develop an action plan for developing a new product or service
- Access to a grant programme (between £1,000 and £15,000), covering up to 30% of the investment