Funding for voluntary and community groups
We reviewed how we provided support for the voluntary and community sector across Norfolk for the three year period October 2014 to October 2017.
As part of this review, a funding prospectus was developed and published. It included guidance notes on the outcomes, key delivery requirements, funding available, as well as the application and monitoring process. The funding was categorised as Children and Young People (Norfolk wide), and Adults, based on Clinical Commissioning Group boundaries (weighted by adult population and deprivation indices).
We invited any organisation that wished to provide support to the voluntary and community sector in Norfolk to apply for funding from a total annual pot of £161,000.
Funding recipients had to demonstrate how their activities contributed to these key outcomes:
- Effective two way channel between the Council and the wider voluntary and community sector
- Increased participation and contribution in planning and decision making, by a wider range of voluntary sector organisations including smaller organisations; organisations that work with more marginalised groups of people and new organisations
- Improved access to information and expert advice about the sector
- Increased collaboration between the Council and the community to achieve the best possible outcomes for children and young people, families and adults living in Norfolk communities
On completion of the evaluation process, the Norfolk Council Council Voluntary and Community Sector funding from October 2014 – September 2017 was awarded as follows;
- Children and young people, Momentum
- Adults, West Norfolk, North Norfolk, Norwich, South Norfolk; Community Action Norfolk
The contract for the Great Yarmouth area will be renewed in 2015.
For further information contact firstname.lastname@example.org