Harwood Charter for providers
This Charter is a shared approach to ensuring people who receive care and support services in Norfolk have the high quality services that they want. It sets out principles for how providers should work to ensure people are at the centre of their care and has been named in honour of David Harwood, the County Council Cabinet Member who championed the idea.
Care and support providers who sign up to the Charter are committed to listening to people, responding with their services – or helping to find services which will work – and reporting to commissioners where things work well or could work better.
The Charter – for providers
Being a Charter signatory will demonstrate to people using services that an organisation / an individual is committed to an ongoing conversation about the quality of care and support services in Norfolk – and to listening to the people who use their services, responding to their needs and reporting back to commissioners where things are working well or could develop to better meet needs.
Norfolk County Council will be receiving feedback about the Charter and monitoring it with our partners on an ongoing basis through focus groups and surveys. The information we receive should inform our strategic commissioning and help improve and develop services.
How it works
- Use the Charter leaflet with people you work with to show them the clear, simple statements which explain what organisations who have signed up to the Charter have committed to work towards. Read the Charter leaflet or the Easy Read leaflet.
- Give everyone you work with a copy of the Charter card as a quick reminder of what they can expect from your care / support and what to do if things go wrong or if they have concerns. Read the Charter card or the Easy Read card.
- Use the Charter logo if you are a care / support provider who has signed up to the Charter. Get the Charter logo here.
- Use the Quality Standards Framework to find out more about standards which apply to care / support services. Read the Quality Standards Framework or the Easy Read QSF
Signing up to the Charter
To sign up to the charter providers need to:
- Send confirmation to email@example.com so that your name can be added to the list of organisations who have signed up.
- Use the Charter logo if you wish, to let people know you have signed up, and / or display a copy of the Charter with your organisation’s name included at the top of the first page.
- Make your staff aware that you are signed up to the Charter and what this means for them, day to day.
- Make sure your staff use the Charter and Charter card with the people who use your services.
- Use this feedback form to provide feedback to the County Council about areas for service improvement and development