The market position statement (MPS) helps us to make sure that there is a choice of different types of social care services and support available in Norfolk.
It helps to meet our vision ‘to support people to be independent, resilient and well’ and ensure people in Norfolk access the right services for them at the right time.
Our MPS describes how demand for care and support has, and continues, to change and what this means for the services that we need to commission. It outlines:
- What support and care services people need and how they should be provided
- The support and services available at present, and what is not available but needs to be
- What support and care services we think will be needed in the future
- What the future of care and support in Norfolk will be like and how it will be funded and purchased
- Our commissioning intentions and how commissioners want to shape the opportunities that will be available
- The key challenges that we need to work with the sector to address
- What we are doing to achieve our key aims