Online retailing of animal feed
If you sell animal feed through an internet web page, you must display certain information about the products on your website, so that your customers are able to ‘read the label’ prior to buying animal feed.
Much of the information is already on the labels of products you sell and can be either transferred to your website or clearly presented in photographs of the label.
The required statutory information includes;
- The type of feed (feed material, complete feed or complementary feed)
- The species of animal the feed is intended for
- A list of ingredients in descending weight order under the heading
- Crude protein, oil and fats, crude fibre, crude ash declarations
- A list of any additives in the feed (preceded by the heading ‘additives’)
- Feeding directions
- The name and percentage by weight of a feed material if its presence is emphasised on the labelling in words, pictures or graphics
- The moisture content of the feed
Distance selling legislation also applies when you sell goods online. Further guidance can be found on the Business Companion website.