Norfolk Calibration Services is open for business as usual throughout this pandemic, as we're an essential service providing support to the public and private sectors.
We provide EN/ISO 17025: 2017 UKAS accredited calibration services.
We're UKAS accredited calibration laboratory No. 0260, accredited for calibration of:
- Weights (mass) from 1mg to 20kg for OIML class E1 and E2
- Weights (mass) from 1mg to 20kg for OIML class F1, F2, M1, M2, M3
- ASTM equivalent class weights
- Pressure masses and imperial masses within the ranges above
- Non-automatic weighing machines up to 2,300kg capacity on site or at our laboratories
Our ISO9001 certified services include:
- Weights/mass from 1mg to 500kg for OIML class M1, M2, M3, including ASTM class weights, pressure masses and imperial masses
- Balances, weighing scales, non-automatic weighing instruments – on site or at our laboratories
- Medical weighing instruments such as chair scales, bed weighers, hoist scales
- Length/engineering metrology equipment - from micrometers to flexible tapes and measuring wheels
- Volume measures - from pipettes to cylindrical measures and tanks
- Tyre pressure gauges – from pencil gauges to forecourt gauges
- Meter measuring systems from petrol pumps to oil meters
Our non-automatic weighing machine calibration also meets the requirements for Annex 3 Method 2 within the “Verification of the gross mass of packed containers by sea UK National FAQ 1 June 2016”. This is also referred to as SOLAS container weight method 2.
Please note: we only offer UKAS accredited calibration of weights above OIML Class M1.
We need to calibrate these weights in our close control laboratory so we achieve the required levels of accuracy every time.
Our standard service includes:
- Turnaround of five working days from receipt – a fast track option is available
- Electronic (PDF) or hard copy certificates
- Calibration status labels
Services to other local authorities
- Calibration of all kinds of working standards and test equipment, with most spare parts in stock
- Collection and delivery
- Section 101 agreements for any period for one year or more
- Replacements and adjustments
- Calibration of tyre pressure gauges
- Loan and hire equipment
- Bulk fuel reference meter (with or without operator) available for hire
- Collection and delivery
- Courier services
- Replacement equipment
- Plastic seals for sealing electronic instruments (replacing lead)
- Verification/conformity assessment under UK and EU legislation of weighing and measuring instruments. For example, assessment of scales or petrol pumps.
- Equipment for hire
- New and used equipment for sale
- Bespoke services and contracts to suit your needs
- Contract arrangements
Making a payment
We accept payment via:
- Cheque (made payable to Norfolk County Council)
- Credit or debit card