What happens at an assessment
If you have contacted us about additional care and support and we have decided to carry out an assessment read on to find out what happens at the assessment.
- What is important to you in how you live your life, what you’d like to achieve and how you think your wellbeing could be improved
- What’s good in your life at the moment and who you have around you, like friends and family, who support you
- Providing information and advice that will help to you to make choices about care and support options
- Assessing whether you are eligible for care and support from Adult Social Services
- The type of care and support available that could meet your eligible needs and how much this will cost
We will not charge you for this, nor will it come out of your Personal Budget.
If you are eligible, we will work with you to develop your care and support plan. If you are not eligible, we will still give you information and advice about what care and support is available to help you locally. This could be help from community groups or voluntary organisations.