What is there help for?
- Help accessing food and deliveries
- For people on the 'shielded' list, a Government food delivery system has started. If your delivery has not yet arrived and you have an emergency need for food, the Community Hubs will help you.
- For people not on the 'shielded' list, the Community Hub in your district will help find local options to ensure you are not left without food while you self-isolate - also see Accessing food.
- How to get your prescriptions
- Walking your pet
- Advice on benefits and other financial support
- Arranging weekly check-ins or telephone befriending service
- Support to register as ‘vulnerable’ with council services
- Contacts for local community groups
- Advice on how to stay well and active
- Arranging emergency home and heating repairs
- Advice on keeping warm and heating your home efficiently
- Ensuring your home is safe and secure
- Arranging assisted bin collections
- Advice on housing and homelessness
- Employment support and rights
- Issues relating to self isolation eg MOT delays
- Accessing online services for people without internet access
- Acquiring documents or NHS numbers
- Support with debts and budgeting
- General information and advice
If you know someone in isolation who needs any of the above help, please contact us on 0344 8008020.
Please note, Community Hubs are an addition to, not a replacement for our normal social care and safeguarding services for adults and children.