Cookie Consent by Apply for a Test and Trace Support Payment - Norfolk County Council

Apply for a Test and Trace Support Payment

From 28 September, you may be able to claim £500 if you have been told by NHS Test and Trace to self-isolate and you cannot do your work at home.

You can only claim the payment for up to 14 days after the end of your self-isolation period. So do not wait.

The scheme will run until 31 January 2021.

Who can claim

To receive the Test and Trace Support Payment, you must:

  • Be asked to self-isolate by NHS Test and Trace from the 28 September
  • Be employed or self-employed
  • Be losing income because you are unable to work from home
  • Be currently receiving one or more of the following benefits:
    • Universal Credit
    • Working Tax Credit
    • Income-based Employment and Support Allowance
    • Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
    • Income Support
    • Housing Benefit
    • Pension Credit

How to apply

You must complete our online form to apply.

You will need:

  • A notification from NHS Test and Trace asking you to self-isolate (including the unique 8-character account ID);
  • Proof that you receive one of the benefits listed above;
  • A bank statement;
  • Proof of employment – like a recent payslip. Self-employed applicants should provide evidence of self-assessment returns, trading income and being unable to work from home.

Apply now

Frequently asked questions

The Test and Trace Support Payment is to help low paid workers who are told by NHS Test and Trace to self-isolate and can’t work from home.

The fine is up to £10,000 if your refuse to self-isolate. This payment is to support you to isolate.

You get one payment for each time you self-isolate. It doesn’t matter how long your self-isolation lasts.

If you self-isolate more than once, you might get another payment.

If you get the payment, you are agreeing to self-isolate for however long you have been told to do so. The payment is there to help you do this. This will help stop coronavirus spreading.

Yes, you can help someone fill out an application or do it for them.

But you cannot receive their payments for them. The payments will be given to the person who has been asked to self-isolate by NHS Test and Trace.

You won’t get the payment. This scheme is from the 28 September only.

We offer other support.

You will get a text message or email from NHS Test and Trace with your account ID number in it. If you don’t have a mobile phone or an email account you’ll get a letter. You will need this number to apply for your support payment.

Yes, if:

  • You were told to self-isolate by NHS Test and Trace from the 28 September
  • You meet the criteria under ‘who can claim’

Yes, the payment is taxed. You won’t be taxed when it’s paid to you. Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs (HMRC) will contact you later if you're employed. If you are self-employed, you will need to declare the payment on your self-assessment tax return.

National Insurance contributions aren't taken from the payment.

Was this webpage helpful?