Community groups and schools
The Joy of Food cooking lessons
Help your community to master the basics of healthy, tasty home cooking with The Joy of Food.
This is a community cookery scheme to help people increase their confidence in the kitchen and to produce day-to-day, cheap and healthy home-cooked meals from scratch.
Free classes are available for anyone from teenagers through to pensioners, regardless of ability levels. During the course, attendees learn basic skills including food preparation, cooking methods and simple nutritional advice.
Groups are kept small to ensure a positive and supportive environment in which to learn. All food and equipment is provided and everyone gets a free recipe book to take home at the end.
Classes are led by a team of friendly community-based volunteers and generally run over four or five weekly sessions. We’ll travel to virtually any location and are happy to tailor the courses to individual needs, such as cooking for families, individuals on small budgets or help with weight loss programmes.
We also have experience in delivering courses to diverse ethnic and cultural groups and those with special educational and physical needs.
If you're interested in hosting a Joy of Food course, call 01603 638485 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Become a Joy of Food trainer
We’re always keen to hear from anyone interested in becoming a Joy of Food trainer, whether you're an enthusiastic home cook or fully qualified chef. You’ll need to be:
- Enthusiastic about cooking meals with simple ingredients and techniques
- Willing to prepare and taste different types of foods
- Positive about healthy eating and promoting good nutrition
- Committed to working with people from their local communities
- Patient and able to encourage others who have very little cooking experience
- Able to offer the time to attend training and then to deliver cooking courses
All expenses are covered, and full training will be given. If you're interested, call 01603 638485 or email email@example.com