Thriving Workplaces is the new Norfolk Healthy Workplace provider from April 2017. We firmly believe a healthy workforce to be a thriving workforce. This is not just in terms of health but also in terms of efficiency and culture.
We will be working with businesses across Norfolk to help influence your approach to workplace health. All our services are free and include:
- Company and workforce health checks
- A strategic diagnostic tool to assess health and culture in your workplace
- Signposting to key partners who can provide healthy lifestyle solutions for your workforce
- Provision of healthy workplace toolkits
- Advice and guidance towards achieving the national Healthy Workplace Wellbeing Charter
- Workplace Health Champion training
- Provide relevant training opportunities to create a healthier, happier workforce
- Support to create strategic plans for health and wellbeing in the workplace
Perhaps you don’t think it’s for you? Well… Did you know...
- Each year 140 million working days are lost to sickness absence in the UK, costing UK businesses an estimated £29bn
- Presenteeism – attending work while sick – is valued at an average cost to employers of £605 per employee per year, due to reduced productivity
- The financial cost to British business of mental ill health is estimated at £26bn per year
- Smokers sick leave and smoking breaks are estimated to cost UK business £8.7bn per year.
- High staff turnover can incur huge recruitment and training costs, on top of lost revenue while new employees reach full productivity. Source: British Heart Foundation
How do I get involved?
Thriving Workplaces is keen to hear from all businesses around Norfolk who would like additional support to promote and instigate a healthy working environment and ethos throughout their workforce.
We look to work with the business from top to bottom and will be seeking partners from a wide array of sectors to support, who can guarantee strategic buy in.
The service launches on 1 April 2017 and we are already receiving applications of interest. To get in touch please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.