Housing with support options explained

  • Sheltered accommodation – adapted accommodation for older people. Only low-level support available. Usually linked to an alarm system for emergencies.
  • Housing with care - self-contained flats for people who are no longer able to live at home. Staff available 24-hours a day. Offers a higher level of care than sheltered housing. Some schemes offer specialist support for people with dementia.
  • Supported living – accommodation with on-site support. People are usually referred by Social Services.
  • Supported housing – supports people in need of urgent accommodation, eg homeless people, victims of domestic violence.
  • Homelessness – If you are at risk of homelessness or worried about keeping up payments for where you are living, contact your district council.
  • Accessible homes – contact your district council for advice and information about your particular property requirements
  • Help with housing-related matters - we can offer advice and help with housing difficulties you may be having to make sure you can continue living in your own home or find a new home, through our floating support service.


Was this webpage helpful?