Cookie Consent by What should I bring to my financial assessment - Norfolk County Council

What should I bring to my financial assessment?

You will have a financial assessment when you begin receiving a care package from us. This helps us decide how much you will need to pay towards your care.

You will need to gather information about your finances to bring to your assessment. We will need to see letters or statements about the finances listed below in order to be able to take them into account. 

You should bring details about your:


  • Buildings
  • Land
  • Cash
  • Savings held in building society accounts and bank current accounts

Other types of capital

  • National Savings Certificates and Ulster Savings Certificates
  • Premium bonds
  • Stocks and shares
  • Capital held by the Court of Protection or a Deputy appointed by that Court
  • Trust funds (in certain circumstances)

Savings in deposit accounts or special investment accounts (including half of any joint accounts)

  • Savings held in the National Savings Bank, Girobank and Trustee Savings Bank
  • SAYE schemes
  • Unit Trusts
  • Co-operatives share accounts


  • Your state or occupational pension
  • Benefits (including joint claims), such as: Disability Living Allowance (DLA), Personal Independence Payment (PIP), Attendance Allowance (AA), Employment Support Allowance, Universal Credit, Pension Credit. This could be letters from the Department for Work and Pensions, or letters from your district council about Council Tax, for example
  • Any earnings, statutory sick pay or maternity pay

You will need to tell us about any essential expenditure, such as council tax, rent or mortgage.

We will only take the value of your home into account if you are completing an assessment for residential or nursing care. We don't consider the value of where you are living if you are completing an assessment for non-residential care.

If you have questions about what you need to bring to your assessment please call 01603 222133, or email



Was this webpage helpful?