Help to live independently
The Norfolk First Support service provides intensive support in your own home for up to six weeks. If, for example, you have been in hospital and need support when you return home, Norfolk First Support is there to help you regain as much independence as possible. After an initial assessment of your needs, the Norfolk First Support team will work with you to develop a personalised plan designed to help you regain the skills and confidence to remain independent in your home.
Norfolk First Support also provides support to help people learn new skills or relearn previous skills.
Who can get help?
- Older people
- People with physical illness or disabilities
- People with learning difficulties
- Their carers
How much does it cost?
We will discuss with you how much Norfolk First Support care you need and if you are assessed as eligible for this reablement service then it is provided free for up to six weeks. Our aim is to help you remain independent in your own home avoiding costly, long-term support.
Our promise to you
The Norfolk First Support team will always:
- Show their identity cards when they visit you for the first time
- Be dressed in the team uniform
- Behave professionally and politely and respect your privacy and dignity
- Ensure you receive prompt, appropriate support and notify you if there is a delay
- With your agreement and if appropriate, make ongoing referrals to other support
- Your guide to care and support for adults
- Assistive technology leaflet (pdf – 6.6MB)
- Your guide to Norfolk First Support (pdf – 589kb)