Adoption is a lifelong commitment. You are providing a permanent home for a child or young person in a stable and secure environment, where they can grow.
There are a lot of misconceptions about who is eligible to adopt. If you have any questions or doubts over your suitability, then don’t just walk away.
Contact us and speak to one of our staff who will be able to help and answer any questions you might have.
People from all sorts of different backgrounds, occupations and walks of life can make good adopters. We do not discriminate on the grounds of gender, sexuality or disability. We welcome applications from single parents, same sex couples and ethnic minority groups.
If you wish to adopt a child you:
- Should be at least 21-years-old
- Should be fit and well enough to be able to parent a child actively through to adulthood
- Can be single, married or in a long-term relationship
- Must be able to show you have the financial means to offer a stable and secure home to a child
- Can either own your own home or be renting