What are Children’s Centres?
Children’s Centres are friendly, welcoming places which offer families with children under the age of eight a free range of services, information and support in their local community.
There are 53 centres located throughout Norfolk and they are placed at the heart of communities to enable parents and parents-to-be to get the help they need and provide the best possible start in life for their children.
They are free to join, most activities are free and, once you’ve registered, you can go along to any centre in Norfolk.
Where is my nearest Children’s Centre?
There are 53 Children’s Centres across Norfolk. You can find a list of all Children's Centres on the Norfolk Directory.
When you click on the link you can enter your postcode or location into the search function, to enable you to find your nearest Children’s Centre.
To join your local Children’s Centre, you can simply drop in during opening hours or give them a call.
What services do Children’s Centres offer?
The services Children’s Centres offer vary from centre to centre, but can include:
- Advice for during pregnancy and when your baby is born, including the ‘Pathway to Parenting’ programme
- Parenting advice and support
- Stay and Play sessions
- Health services
- Help getting into adult education, training, and employment
- Family support
What’s on at my local Children’s Centre?
Once you have joined your local Children’s Centre you should receive a termly programme of free and low-cost activities.
You can also see what activities are running at other Children's Centres on the Norfolk Directory.
Other sources of support for families
Families can also get support and information from the following organisations and sources:
- Early Help hubs which can offer help and support to families who might be having difficulties
- Norfolk Family Information Service which provides information and advice on all aspects of childcare
- Children’s health and wellbeing
- Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) Local Offer
- Education and learning
- Libraries for children and young people
- Activities for children and young people
- Home learning - Play and discover
- Norfolk Directory – a directory of support services and activities in Norfolk