Cookie Consent by Children with Disabilities teams - Norfolk County Council

Children with Disabilities teams

The Children with Disabilities teams provide social care services including:

Who can Children with Disabilities teams support? 

The child or young person must have issues related to the following list: 

  • Children with cerebral palsy, muscular dystrophy and other physical disabilities that significantly impact on their well-being
  • Children and young people with severe learning disabilities
  • Children and young people with a diagnosis of autism with an associated learning disability. This has a significant impact on their communication needs, social and behavioural development
  • Children and young people with multiple or severe disability
  • Children and young people with significant global development delay
  • Children and young people with significant sensory impairment
  • Children and young people with complex physical disability and health needs

Who can the teams not support?

They cannot support children with emotional, behavioural or mental health needs, unless they also have a disability listed above.  Parent carers or professionals should refer to early help and family support instead.

How to request services from the Children with Disabilities teams

Parent carers should speak to a professional who is known to them.  The professional can refer the child to the Children’s Advice and Duty Service (CADS).  If appropriate, the child will then be referred to one of the specialist Children with Disabilities teams. The needs of the child and family will then be assessed. 

Was this webpage helpful?