Norfolk Family Information Service Team
Norfolk Family Information Service (FIS) provides a range of information on all services available to parents, including up-to-date details of local childcare and early years’ provision in your area.
More about Norfolk Family Information Service
Norfolk Family Information Service (FIS) is part of Children’s Services. The team offers guidance, advice and information on childcare to families with children age 0-19 (age 0-25 with additional needs). If families have issues that are affecting their wellbeing, FIS can signpost them to other support services and organisations.
FIS also offer advice and support to all childcare providers in Norfolk and other professionals and organisations.
Norfolk FIS was awarded the Families First Quality Award in 2016, in recognition of excellence in providing information, advice and assistance to local families.
Help finding childcare
FIS maintains and updates the details of over 1,400 Ofsted registered childcare providers in Norfolk in the childcare and out of school activities category of the Norfolk Directory.
If you cannot find suitable Ofsted-registered childcare, we offer a free brokerage service.
FIS can advise and provide information on:
- Free childcare and early education for 2, 3 and 4-year-olds
- Whether your 2-year-old is eligible for free childcare, with an instant online check
- Thirty hours free childcare for working parents of 3 and 4 year-olds - launching 1 September 2017
- Help you can get with childcare costs and paying for childcare including Tax-Free Childcare - launching early 2017
- Types of childcare and early education providers including childminders, pre-schools and playgroups, day nurseries, nursery schools, breakfast and after-school clubs and holiday playschemes and what type of provider might be most suited to your family’s requirements
- Where your local Children’s Centre is in Norfolk - there are 53 Children’s Centres which offer families a social hub and support in their community
There is more information on the Family Information Service pages.
Who is in the Family Information Service Team?
- Tina Prince, Family Information Manager
- Rachel Hill, Family Information Development Officer
- Emma Watson, Senior Information Officer
- Julie Steward, Family Information Delivery Officer
- Maria Leslie, Family Information Officer
How to contact us:
Based at County Hall, Martineau Lane, Norwich, NR1 2DH