Virtual School for Children in Care team
The local authority Virtual School is part of the Education Achievement Service. The team is based at the Professional Development Centre in Norwich.
The role of the Virtual School for Children in Care is to champion the needs of Norfolk’s looked after children and young people wherever they may be placed and, through support and challenge to schools, the local authority, and other relevant partners, ensure they have the best possible education.
What do we do?
- Administer the Pupil Premium Plus
- Provide advice, guidance and support to schools, professional colleagues, foster carers and children
- Monitor attendance, track progress data and attainment for all Norfolk looked after children
- Provide training for schools, foster carers, professional colleagues
- Provide one to one support for children and young people
- Identify and pilot interventions and resources to improve learning
- Provide out of school activities to support learning
Who’s in the team?
The Head of the Virtual School is Keeley White
Juliet Stokes, Achievement Adviser, LAC
Wendy Rudd, School Development Manager
Early Years Advisers
Specialist Support Assistants
Business Support Staff