Support after an accident or other emergency

If a condition develops suddenly and your child needs extra support in school straightaway eg after a road traffic accident, your school will provide the necessary support.

It would be helpful to provide a copy of a recent medical report (eg from a consultant to the GP/community paediatrician) as evidence. There is no need for a report to be specially written.

Medical Needs Officer

We are required to have a medical needs officer who is responsible for the education of children with additional health needs. You can contact the medical needs officer, Sam Bartram, by emailing

Was this webpage helpful?