Admissions process for special schools and specialist colleges

Appealing a decision

You can appeal if you are not happy with the school named in your child’s education, health and care (EHC) plan.

You will receive a letter with the EHC plan or following an annual review, which explains how to appeal via a tribunal. The letter also explains how you can request mediation or dispute resolution.  

This must be done within two months of the date the final EHC plan is issued.

Was this webpage helpful?