Not in education, employment or training (NEET)

There are lots of places you can go to for information and advice about getting into education, employment and training.

Visit the student services at your local sixth form or college

They can give you information and advice on a wide range of subjects including careers, education and training options, finance, transport, accommodation, childcare and additional support.

Phone the Keeping In Touch team

If you are not in education, employment or training (NEET) the Helpline 0344 800 8022 is there to get you the help you need from a Guidance Adviser. A Participation Assistant will take your name and a few details about you before referring you for help from a Guidance Adviser.


Help You Choose has 'Info & Advice' pages where you can find out more about all your options.  You can watch videos and download leaflets to help you with finding and applying for Apprenticeships and jobs and also find links to websites to help you with your research.

Visit your local Jobcentre Plus

At your local Jobcentre you can find out about jobs in your area or get help and support applying for work.

You can find your local Jobcentre here

If you have a disability, you can also get help at the Jobcentre from a Disabled Employment Adviser.


The National Careers Service has careers information about over 800 different jobs, advice on planning your career, courses, learning and getting a job.

Or you could contact one of their advisers by phone, email, text, forums and/or web chat. Advisers are available every day, between 8am and 10pm and calls are free from a landline and if you are calling from a mobile, you can ask an Adviser to ring you back.

Keeping in touch with you

Norfolk County Council is required to keep in regular contact with you until you are 19 to offer support to help you get into education, training or work.  This means that from time to time you will be called by our Keeping In Touch team just to check things are going well. You can contact the Keeping In Touch team helpline on 0344 800 8022.

Was this webpage helpful?