Provision the local authority expects to be made available
This page relates to the requirement on Norfolk County Council to set out what special educational provision and special training provision it expects Schools, Early Years and Post-16 providers to make available.
Update on the development of this document
A task and finish group was set up in September 2016 with education representatives from early years, schools and post-16 settings, Family Voice Norfolk representatives and Norfolk County Council officers sharing and inputting their knowledge and expertise of good practice in SEN support to define and set out:
- The expectations regarding SEN support and the graduated approach and when this may lead to an EHCP needs assessment
- When additional Cluster funding may be required in order to ‘top-up’ the school SEN provision in order to meet needs
- How it expects schools, early years and post-16 providers to use their delegated budget
- An evidence base for improving progress and securing better outcomes
- What parents/carers can expect their child’s setting to provide
The key benefits of the new document will be:
- Clarity and transparency to parents/carers - improving parental confidence and the working relationship between parents and settings and parents and Norfolk County Council
- A shared understanding between schools, parents, carers and Norfolk County Council that will help to ensure that requests for an EHCP needs assessment are appropriate
- We are consulting on the draft SEN support guidance
- The consultation closed on Friday 29 September 2017
- The consultation feedback was considered at a meeting on Monday 16 October, when a decision was made that further work needs to be done to make the content more specific
- A task and finish group has been set up to support the development of more specific information in the SEN Support section detailing expectations of SEN Support across the different areas of SEND. This meeting will take place on 15 November 2017.
- Norfolk County Council is now aiming to publish 'The Local Offer – the provision the local authority expects to be made available by education providers' in January 2018.