What is the role of a Child Psychotherapist?
- Provides counselling support to children and young people referred by VSSS using a variety of therapeutic approaches
- Holds an additional qualification in child psychotherapy
- Provides advice and support for behaviour management
- Signposts children and young people to other agencies as appropriate
- Can be called in by Critical Support Team to provide support to settings where appropriate
- Educational Visits Co-ordinator providing advice, training and risk assessments for VSSS out of school visits
Who is the service for?
Children and young people with sensory loss from diagnosis.
The LA commissions VSSS to provide a service to children and young people with a sensory loss who are in compulsory education, but not post 16. Post 16 providers can commission VSSS, through a Service Level Agreement, to provide support by contacting the head teacher.
Who do they work for?
Virtual School Sensory Support
148 Woodside Road, Norwich, Norfolk NR7 9QL
Tel 01603 704040