We provide a range of social care services to support children and young people with special educational needs and disabilities (SEND) and their families.
Services for families needing some extra support or help:
Tier 1 – Universal services which everyone can use.
Tier 2 – Targeted services for children and families who are beginning to experience, or are at risk of, difficulties.
- School counselling services
- Parenting programmes
- Support for teenage parents
Services for families experiencing serious and complex difficulties:
A child with a disability is automatically considered to be a ‘child in need’. Therefore they may need extra help from social care services.
Tier 3 – Specialist services for children and families with multiple needs.
Tier 4 – Specialist services for children and families with severe and complex needs.
- Child protection services
- Inpatient child and adolescent mental health services
How children’s social care services are delivered in Norfolk
Children’s social care services are delivered by the following teams:
- Assessment teams
- Family intervention and child protection teams
- Leaving care teams
- Fostering and adoption teams
- Children With Disabilities teams. There are three teams
Who is eligible for help?