Cookie Consent by Starfish Learning Disability Child and Adolescent Mental Health Service - Norfolk County Council

Starfish Learning Disability Child and Adolescent Mental Health Service

Who is the service for?

Starfish LD CAMHS is a service provided by Norfolk Health and Community Care (NCHC) NHS Trust.

It is for children and young people aged 5-18 who have learning disabilities and who are experiencing emotional and mental health difficulties.  These may be expressed in difficult to manage and understand, complex behaviours that impact on day to day functioning and achievement.

The child should have a GP from within one of the Norfolk Clinical Commissioning Groups – North Norfolk, South Norfolk, Norwich, West Norfolk, Great Yarmouth and Waveney (excluding Waveney).

Our nurses, family support workers, assistant and clinical psychologists and systemic family psychotherapist work closely with children and young people, parents and carers as well as other professionals such as teachers, speech and language therapists, paediatricians, psychiatrists, early help and social workers to provide care and support to children and their families across Norfolk.

How to contact us?

We have two working bases:

Starfish LD CAMHS  West, St. James Clinic, Extons Road  King’s Lynn PE 30 5NU  Telephone: 01553 668514

Starfish LD CAMHS Central and East, Norwich Community Hospital Bowthorpe Road, Norwich NR2 3TU.  Consultation line:  01603 272290, 9-1pm Mon-Fri or general enquiries telephone: 01603 272319

How to refer to us?

Starfish LD CAMHS Central and East operate a consultation line for families and professionals to discuss possible referrals. 

Telephone 01603 272290,  9am-1pm Monday-Friday


Referrals into the service from professionals must be made via our Single Point of Referral Office.  Tel: 01603 505 581 

Referrals are accepted from parents and involved professionals/voluntary organisations who have gained consent to refer from the family or person with parental/corporate parental responsibility.

How does the service change between children’s services and adult services?

Norfolk County Council and NCHC do provide adult learning disability services from 18 subject to eligibility and threshold criteria.

Was this webpage helpful?