Children’s physiotherapy - Newberry Children’s Centre

Who is the service for?

This service is provided by James Paget University Hospitals Foundation Trust.

The service provision is for children and young people with physical difficulties, ie an assessed clinical need that can be addressed by physiotherapy intervention which affects their motor development or physical wellbeing. 

It includes children aged 0-16 years with a continued service to 19 years for young people in Special Schools.

The service will be available for children and young people within the following wards and post code areas within the catchment area of NHS Great Yarmouth and Waveney.


Beccles North - NR34
Beccles South - NR34
Blything - NR34
Bungay - NR35
Carlton - NR33
Carlton Colville - NR33
Gunton and Corton - NR32
Halesworth - IP19
Harbour -NR32
Kessingland - NR33
Kirkley - NR33
Lothingland - NR31/32
Normanston - NR32
Oulton - NR32
Oulton Broad - NR32
Pakefield - NR33
Southwold and Reydon - IP18
St Margarets - NR32
The Saints - NR35
Wainford - NR34
Whitton - NR33
Worlingham - NR34
Wrentham - NR34

Great Yarmouth

Bradwell North - NR31
Bradwell South and Hopton - NR31
Caister North - NR30
Caister South - NR30
Claydon - NR31
Fleggburgh - NR29
Gorleston - NR31
Hemsby - NR29
Lichfield and Cobholm - NR31
Magdalen East - NR31
Magdalen West - NR31
Martham - NR29
Nelson - NR31
Northgate - NR30
Ormesby - NR29
Regent - NR30
Rollesby - NR29
St Andrews - NR31
Winterton and Somerton - NR29
Yarmouth South - NR30

NB The service also includes young people whose home address postcode falls outside the postcode areas set out above, but who are registered with a NHS Great Yarmouth and Waveney General Practitioner.

Children and young people outside of these areas may receive therapy from this provision under the following guidance at the discretion of the commissioner.  “Who Pays? Establishing the Responsible Commissioner”, Gateway 8448, Department of Health (2007)

How to contact us

Children’s physiotherapy
Newberry Child Development Centre
Lowestoft Road
Great Yarmouth
NR31 6SQ

Tel 01493 442322

How to refer to us

Referrals in writing via a health professional eg GP, consultant, health visitor etc.

Referrals to be sent to the address above.

How does the service change between children’s services and adult services?

Young people who are likely to need on-going physiotherapy input when they leave school will be transitioned into the appropriate adult physiotherapy services.

Was this webpage helpful?