Education, health and care (EHC) plan coordinator

What is the role of an EHC plan coordinator?

Education, health and care plan coordinators are responsible for case management for children and young people who are having a needs assessment for an EHC plan and those who currently hold statements of special educational needs (SEN).

They make sure that parents/carers of children and young people with SEN are provided with support and advice about the needs assessment process, the statement/EHC plan and the annual review processes. They also make sure that the children and young people they hold responsibility for receive suitable educational provision in line with what is set out in the statement or EHC plan.

EHC plan coordinators:

  • Coordinate processes where children or young people may require specialist placements
  • Decide on action to be taken after receiving annual review reports
  • Advise where we should consider amending or discontinuing a statement or plan

EHC plan coordinators are part of children’s services in Norfolk County Council. If you or your child has SEN or is undergoing statutory needs assessment, this person will usually be the named officer in any letters.

Contact an EHC plan coordinator

Your child will have an EHC plan coordinator if they have a statement of SEN/EHC plan or are undergoing statutory needs assessment.

You can find contact details for your EHC plan coordinator on any letter from us about your statutory assessment or statement/EHC plan.

If you do not have your EHC plan coordinator’s details and you need to speak to them, please contact the relevant service below:

City and South

Education Inclusion Service
Childrens Services
Room 18, Professional Development Centre
144 Woodside Road
Norwich NR7 9QA


North, East and Broadland

Havenbridge House
North Quay
Great Yarmouth
NR30 1HZ


West and Breckland

Priory House
9 Austin Street
King's Lynn
PE30 1EB