Independent partnership supporter (IPS)

Norfolk SEND Partnership has a team of Independent Partnership Supporters who:

  • Are all volunteers
  • Have passed accredited training
  • Receive ongoing training and support from Norfolk SEND Partnership

An IPS can support you if you are:

  • A parent of a child with special educational needs and/or disabilities (SEND), or
  • A young person with SEND

An IPS can:

  • Help with issues related to education, and also with health and social care where it impacts on education
  • Help you to understand what nurseries, schools and colleges should be doing to give help, this is called the ‘graduated approach’ which is support for those without an ‘Education Health Care (EHC) Plan’, also called SEN Support
  • Explain about needs assessments and EHC plans; when they may be requested and what happens next
  • Help you to be fully involved in decision making
  • Explain the law, procedures and choices
  • Help you fill in forms, write letters and reports
  • Go to meetings with you

If you want to find out more or have questions about special educational needs and disabilities (SEND) in education

Please telephone the office on 01603 704070 or email if you think you might like support from one of our volunteers. We cannot promise an IPS but will do our best to support you.