How to request a needs assessment for an EHC plan
Information sharing and consent
It is very helpful if a SEND data protection consent form is sent in with all requests for an EHC needs assessment. This form supports us to make the EHC needs assessment and plan development process run more smoothly. The SEND data protection consent form can be found below.
You can request a needs assessment in several ways:
- Download and complete the appropriate EHC needs assessment and EHCP data protection forms below, then upload the forms back to us
(fill in your contact details and select ‘choose file’ at the bottom. You can also use the upload form to send us any documents needed during the 20 week process)
- Download and complete the appropriate EHC needs assessment and EHCP data protection forms below, then post them to us
All the forms and information you need can be found below.
- EHC needs assessment form - professionals’ version
- SEND EHCP data protection consent form (to be completed by parents)
Young people and parent(s)
Young people and parents/carers can make a request for an EHC needs assessment using the appropriate form below. Once completed, you can send us a request form by post or use our upload form using the details below.
If you do not wish to complete a form, you can call 0344 800 8020 and ask to speak to the Norfolk County Council SEN Operational Support Team.
- Needs assessment form - young person’s version
- Needs assessment form - parents’ version
- SEND EHCP data protection consent form
Norfolk County Council
SEN Operational Support Team
Professional Development Centre
144 Woodside Road