If you are on the Employment and Support Allowance (ESA) permitted work scheme you can:
- Work - but it must be for less than 16 hours each week
- Earn up to £120.00 (as of April 2017) every week, after tax
- Get your normal amount of benefit payment
- Build up your skills and experience
- Do voluntary work - there is no limit on how many hours per week you can do voluntary work for
From April 2017 there is no limit on the number of weeks you can do permitted work for.
If you are getting Employment and Support Allowance (ESA) you must fill in Form PW1 before starting any work, paid or unpaid. You can find out more information from Jobcentre Plus.