Organisations offering money advice

As a parent or carer of a child with a disability you might be entitled to benefits and services that can help you, your child and your family.  Knowing how payments from a job and how various benefits impact on each other can be confusing, but there are various organisations who provide information and advice.

Contact a Family is an organisation offering online information and a freephone helpline for personalised advice.

Citizens Advice is an organisation providing free, independent, confidential and impartial advice to everyone on their rights and responsibilities.

The National Autistic Society - their welfare rights service offers advice and information on all aspects of social security benefit entitlement.

  • Helpline: 0808 800 4104 (Monday-Thursday, 10am-4pm, and Friday, 9am-3pm)
  • Email:

The Money Advice Service gives advice and guides to help improve your finances, tools and calculators to help keep track and plan ahead and support over the phone and online.