Unhappy with a service?

What to do if you are not happy with a service you have received

If you are unhappy about a particular service, contact the organisation that runs it in the first instance as they are best placed to resolve any problems quickly.

Our staff follow Customer Care Standards which set out what you can expect if you contact us using different methods.

If you are unhappy about a County Council service:

  • In the first instance please talk to the person who has been working with you about how you feel and why.  Ask if they can do anything to help
  • If you are still unhappy and would like to talk the issue through with a manager, contact the Customer Service Centre (CSC).  The CSC can put you in contact with the appropriate manager
  • If you have tried the above and are still not satisfied that your issue will be resolved, you should visit our compliments and complaints section for more information about how to complain about our different services


To find out how to make a complaint about a school, visit School complaints.

Early Years Education Providers

Every Ofsted registered early years education provider will have their own individual complaints policy. If you are unhappy with any aspect of the provision offered in the first instance, the process for any complaint will be clearly identified within the policy and you may be able to resolve problems quickly.

However, if you remain dissatisfied you can report any concerns or complaints directly to Ofsted, who may undertake further investigation.

You can contact Ofsted on 0300 123 1231 or 033 123 4666.

If you are dissatisfied with the manner in which your child is receiving their free early education entitlement, you can contact the Customer Service Centre

Was this webpage helpful?