Cookie Consent by Lost stolen or damaged passes - Norfolk County Council

Replace or cancel a post16 travel pass

Please note: you cannot apply for post16 transport for 2021–22 until May 2021 when the application will become available.

Replace a post16 travel pass 

If your travel pass is:

  • Lost
  • Stolen
  • Damaged - so that the smartcard no longer scans
  • Reissued - when it is possible to change details at the applicant’s request

You can get a replacement for £10.

You’ll need your customer reference number to apply. If you don’t have it, you can find it by using the Travel pass search form.

Apply and pay for a replacement pass online

If you want to pay by post, write a letter confirming the student’s details and stating that you need a replacement travel pass.

Send it with a cheque or postal order made payable to Norfolk County Council, with the student’s name and address written on the back, to:

Travel and Transport
Norfolk County Council
County Hall
Martineau Lane

Issuing a new pass takes 5-10 working days.

We don't issue temporary passes. Students will need to pay the bus operator’s usual fare (or 50p if travelling on a non-public service) while they wait for a replacement pass. These fares can’t be claimed back.

Cancel post16 travel arrangements

You can get a refund if you want to cancel your travel arrangements. The amount you’ll get depends on when you cancel.

If you send your pass back or cancel travel arrangements before the start of the school year in September, you’ll get a full refund.

If you return your travel pass during the year we will give you a refund based on the amount you’ve paid, less the time the travel pass/arrangement has been used, to the nearest full half term.  There will also be a £10 admin fee.

After the May half term, refunds will only be given if you return the travel pass, or cancel the transport arrangements by 31 May.

When refunds are not available

You won’t be able to get a refund:

  • If you pay for transport each half term, using the six-instalment plan
  • If you have sent your pass back but we haven't received it, unless you can provide proof that you posted it
  • If you applied after 31 July, unless the pass issued was incorrect and unusable
  • For any day, or days, when the transport doesn’t operate
  • For your travel costs while waiting for travel arrangements to be made or for your travel pass to arrive

We may request confirmation of attendance from the sixth form/college for audit purposes.

How to apply for a refund

Send a letter requesting a refund, with your travel pass securely attached, to:

Travel and Transport
Norfolk County Council
County Hall

Make sure you have proof of postage or we will not refund a pass that is lost in the post.

Any refund given will be at our discretion and the decision is final.

We may request confirmation of attendance from the sixth form/college for audit purposes.

Was this webpage helpful?