Public health training
Sexual health promotion training
Terrence Higgins Trust Norfolk's training programme provides a wide range of learning opportunities for anyone who wants to increase their knowledge and confidence in addressing sexual health issues. Topics covered include:
- Doing it in groups: An introduction to delivering sexual health group work sessions with young people
- Contraception: a beginners’ guide: A non-clinical introduction to contraception
- Good sex - bad sex: messages from the media and pornography: Exploring the influence and impact of pornography and popular culture on sex, relationships and sexual health
- Condoms and STIs: a beginners’ guide: An introduction to condoms and sexually transmitted infections
- Boys will be boys: Exploring the influences that affect boys and young men
- Sexual health promotion and young people: a beginners’ guide: Exploring the knowledge, skills, attitudes and values that are required for good sexual health promotion with young people
- The C-Card experience: Learn how to register young people onto the Your C-Card Scheme and to establish yourself as a C-Card Register Point
- HIV: all you need to know: Exploring the realities of HIV in contemporary Britain
- Some of my best friends are gay: Understanding the impact of homophobia and heterosexism, language and key issues facing gay men and women, bisexual men and women, and men who have sex with men/women who have sex with women
- Sexpress yourself: Working with people with learning disabilities around sexual health promotion and education
Courses take place in Norwich, though for certain organisations the sexual health promotion team is able to deliver courses to whole teams within their workplaces.
Take a look at the current training programme or contact the sexual health promotion team at Terrence Higgins Trust Norfolk on 01603 226666.