Winter Service Operations
Fast Lane Training Services offer Winter Service qualification courses under the City & Guilds 6159 Winter Service scheme.
These qualifications assess your skills and ability in preparing and operating winter services vehicles and equipment. Fast Lane Training Services deliver all training and assessment at your site with your own vehicles/equipment.
Contact us to discuss your requirements.
Fast Lane Training Services offer City & Guilds Scheme 6159 Winter Service training and/or assessment to organisations on request.
This training can be provided at our own centre in Norfolk (NR9 3AZ) or at a client’s own location; we have delivered this training in many client locations including Suffolk, Lincolnshire, Northampton, London and surrounding areas.
Who should attend?
The supervision and monitoring qualification is aimed at Duty Officers or decision makers working for Local Authorities, Highways England and the National Assembly for Wales. It is for staff that are responsible for the direct supervision of winter service operations.
To qualify people to operate and understand the underlying practical and knowledge that will enable them to legally operate the relevant equipment.
On completion of the session delegates will understand the following:
- Current health and safety legislation relating to winter service operations
- Operators checks and defect reporting
- Winter service vehicles and equipment
- Rates of spread for de-icing materials
- Use of de-icing materials
- Emergency procedures
- Drivers hours and working time
- Environmental awareness
- Contents of a winter service policy
- Winter service operational planning, monitoring and review
- Methods used in decision making
- Qualifications available for winter service operations
- Use of data logging
Assessment is a mixture of practical assessments, multiple-choice questions and oral questioning. To successfully complete the qualification, the multiple choice and written question paper requires a pass mark of 75%.
£265 per candidate; inclusive of training, assessment, City & Guilds registration and certification, NEREO* Supervisor’s Qualification Registration card.
* The North East Regional Employers Organisation (NEREO) are responsible for the registration of operatives, supervisors and assessors, after candidates have successfully achieved and been issued with a City & Guilds full certificate for scheme 6159. All cards are valid for a five-year period.
Course dates and booking
This course is provided to organisations on request. Please note that a minimum of six candidates is required.
This training can be provided at our own centre in Norfolk or at a client’s own location; we have delivered this training in many client locations including Suffolk, Lincolnshire, Northampton, London and surrounding areas.