Trading Standards Consumer Champions
The Consumer Champion network is an initiative from Trading Standards to reach out to Norfolk residents to build resilience against rogue traders and scams and ensure people can access their consumer rights.
The initiative engages and involves local community members and organisations to ensure that the residents within their community have the information and knowledge to:
- Recognise a scam and protect themselves from them
- Say NO to Rogue Traders and ensure the vulnerable in the community is safe from them
- Access advice and information on consumer issues
There are already a number of Consumer Champions across the County. Examples of people who have taken on the role of Consumer Champion include: members of our Trusted Trader scheme, volunteers with community groups, staff from support and advice agencies, home helps, parish and local councillors, Neighbourhood Watch Coordinators, Sheltered Housing Scheme Managers and community members who want to help others.
Contact your local Champion
To find out whether your neighbourhood has a local Champion email firstname.lastname@example.org
Become a Champion
We are looking for people who want to help make a difference in their community, and can work with others who are vulnerable or in need of help.
If you would like to get involved, complete our Consumer Champion application form and return it to the address on the form.
Why should you be a Consumer Champion?
- The chance to make a difference within your local community by helping people to resolve their problems
- You will increase your knowledge of consumer protection matters
- You will receive alerts on the latest Trading Standards news using the latest social media platforms
- Enhancement of future employability and personal development.
- Opportunity to meet and work with other volunteers
The support which can be expected as a Consumer Champion includes:
- A support pack containing information to help you sign post to the correct organisation
- Information about the service we provide
- Support from Trading Standards
Trading Standards also runs a parallel scheme designed for organisations to ensure that the customers and clients they connect with have information and knowledge about staying safe from Scams and Rogue Traders.
If you think your organisation could become a Community Champion email email@example.com for more information and an application form.