Every library in Norfolk offers:
- Free internet access (including free web-based email services)
- Computers with USB ports, word processing, spreadsheet and PowerPoint applications
- Access to online help and online subscriptions - our selection of quality information sites
- Screen magnification and screen reader software
- Photo-editing software
- Colour printing (A4 only in some libraries). View our printing and copying charges
- Printing over WiFi
- Scanning facilities
Every library offers the following on at least one computer:
- A4 scanners
- Assistive keyboards and mice
Using the computers
To use one of the library computers you need to be a registered library member. You will need to log on with your borrower number and PIN. You can join the library online. Logging on implies you accept our library computers and wifi terms and conditions.
You can book a computer before you visit the library. If you are already at a library and all the computers are in use, you can also the form to find out when a computer is next free and book it.
Check your local library branch page for opening times
If you need help to use a computer or access services online, contact your local library to book one-to-one support or sign up to one of our IT courses.
You can use your own device to get online at any of our libraries, using our free public WiFi. The network will show on your list of available networks as NCC_Libraries_Wifi. When you have connected to the network, you will need to log on using your borrower number and PIN. Logging on implies you accept our library computers and wifi terms and condition.
We use technology and equipment to make sure that as many people as possible can access our online services.
All of our public PCs have access to the built-in screen magnification and text-to-speech functionality that comes as standard as part of the Windows 10 operating system. Learn more about Windows accessibility tools.