Open Library gives you access to your local library, its books, computers and spaces even when the building is unstaffed.
While we are gradually returning to business as usual in libraries following lockdown, Open Library is available in the following libraries:
- Great Yarmouth
- King’s Lynn
- Norfolk and Norwich Millennium Library
Just talk to a member of staff in one of these libraries and they'll add the extra access to your library card.
If there's no member of staff available, give us a call on 01603 774777.
If you're under 16 you can't sign up for Open Library, but you're welcome to come into the library during unstaffed hours if you're with a parent or guardian who is registered.
How to use Open Library:
- Hold your library card 10-15cm below the number pad, barcode side up - you should see a light scan your card and hear a small beep
- Type in your PIN code when it says so on the screen then press the green enter button
- At some libraries you might also need to press a large button before the door will open
- To leave the library, push the button by the door
We hope you enjoy using Open Library.