The following user policy has been created to protect the rights and safety of library customers and staff, for the preservation and protection of library materials, equipment and facilities and to ensure a welcoming environment for reading, learning and other library activities.
Open Library members are subject to the following terms and conditions:
- You must have a full and up-to-date library membership and be aged 16 or over to register for Open Library. We may need to see proof of your address before we register you for this service
- To enter during Open Library hours, each adult must be registered for the service and will need to scan their card separately to access the library
- Children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by a fully registered Open Library customer throughout their visit
- If you have any health concerns which may impact on you using the space safely during Open Library times, please make staff aware when registering
- When entering or leaving the library please take all reasonable steps to ensure no-one else enters at the same time. If you intentionally allow anyone in to the library, you will be held responsible for their behaviour
- The library will not be staffed during Open Library hours. There may be other people using the library space but they will be unable to assist you
- Please use all equipment and services responsibly and respect others using the space
- Please remember that all items that you want to take home should be borrowed through the self-service kiosks
- Please make sure you leave the library as directed by the pre-recorded messages when the library closes
- If staff find any documents left in the library, they will be kept for 48 hours before they are destroyed in the interest of data protection
- If at any time you feel unsafe, unwell or are concerned that a crime is being committed, please leave the library at once and seek assistance
- In an emergency or in the event of a fire, please call 999 or 112. Please familiarise yourself with emergency evacuation procedures and evacuation routes for each library you are visiting
- Use of the library during Open Library hours is at your own risk. CCTV is installed which monitors the library 24/7 with images recorded. This is for your safety and security
- If you have any recent history of misusing library services, or breaching our policies we may decline registration for this service
By entering the library during Open Library time you are agreeing that you have clearly understood the terms and conditions of using the library as an Open Library customer. We reserve the right to withdraw access to Open Library from customers who fail to comply with these terms and conditions.
We reserve the right to update these terms and conditions as required, and will notify registered users by updating leaflets and posters in libraries, and on our website.