Celebrate the season with Norfolk Museums
19 November 2019
There’s a whole lot of festive fun on offer in Norfolk Museums this Christmas. From seasonal songs and costumed characters, to Father Christmas and family trails, there’s something to interest visitors of all ages.
Steve Miller, Norfolk County Council’s Assistant Director, Culture and Heritage, said: “If you’re looking for a pre-Christmas treat for the family or just fancy doing something different to escape the seasonal hustle and bustle, our museums have organised some lovely events.
“Christmas is a wonderful time to soak up the atmosphere at Strangers’ Hall in Norwich. You’ll see the Great Hall and period rooms decked out with traditional seasonal greenery and decorations; and younger visitors can meet Father Christmas too.
“We celebrate the season Victorian style at Lynn Museum and Gressenhall. Whilst the Ancient House in Thetford looks at Christmas 1939, in an event organised by the museum’s Teenage History Club and Norfolk Museums Service Teaching Museum trainees.”
Here are the full details of Christmas events in Norfolk museums.
Strangers’ Hall, Norwich
- A Visit from Saint Nicholas – ‘Twas the night before Christmas - 30 November; 7, 14, 20 and 21 December, 10am to 4pm
- Deck the Halls - 11 and 18 December, 2pm
- Voice Workshop: Songs of Winter - 14 and 21 December, 11am to 1pm
- Light it Up - 21 December to 4 January, 10.30am to 3.30pm; excluding Sundays
Gressenhall Farm and Workhouse
- Victorian Family Christmas - 19 and 20 December, 10am to 2.30pm
- A Victorian Christmas Mystery - Saturday 30 November, 10am to 1pm
Ancient House, Thetford
- Christmas 1939 - 29 November, 5 to 8pm
- Twelve Days of Christmas family trail - 29 November to 21 December, 10am to 5pm. Museum admission only. 50p per trail.
Time and Tide, Great Yarmouth
- Time and Tidings - 13 December, 5 to 8pm
For further information, opening times and admission www.museums.norfolk.gov.uk.