Aylsham is a beautiful market town with the streets still arranged on the original medieval layout.
These circular walks have been carefully designed to encourage you to explore Aylsham and the local countryside and villages.
The River Bure features in several of the walks, with four disused mills to be seen.
The most outstanding is the beautifully restored Buxton Mill.
Three railway lines once converged in Aylsham; the disused railway lines now provide excellent walking and cycling trails and also act as wildlife corridors, bringing nature right into the town.
- Walk 1 Aylsham starter walks 1 mile with 2.5 mile option (pdf - 756kb)
- Walk 2 Aylsham Weavers’ Way and Drabblegate 3.1 miles with 1.9 mile short option (pdf - 507kb)
- Walk 3 Aylsham Marriott’s Way and Green Lane 3.25 miles (pdf - 688kb)
- Walk 4 Aylsham Abel Health and Silvergate 3.1 miles (pdf - 583kb)
- Walk 5 Aylsham Town Walk 4.1 miles (pdf - 739kb)
- Walk 6 Blickling via Moorgate 3.5 miles (pdf - 536kb)
- Walk 7 Marsham via Fengate 3 miles or 2 mile short option (pdf - 582kb)
- Walk 8 Cawston via Marriott’s Way 2.75 miles (pdf - 582kb)
- Walk 9 Reepham via Marriott’s Way and Catchback Lane 3.25 miles (pdf - 603kb)
- Walk 10 Reepham via Salle Church 3.7 miles (pdf - 532kb)
- Walk 11 Buxton via Brampton 3.25 miles (pdf - 602kb)
- Walk 12 Buxton via Little Hautbois 3.2 miles (pdf - 775kb)