What are A to Better travel plans?
AtoBetter Travel plans aim to reduce trips made by vehicles containing one person and increase trips made using sustainable travel options, such as walking, cycling, bus, rail and car sharing to help create a more efficient transport network.
The plans are a Norfolk County Council and Mouchel initiative delivered on behalf of developers involving the production and delivery of travel plans for the new residential developments that are being built across Norfolk.
AtoBetter travel plans:
- Improve sustainable travel options to maximise the use of walking for local trips, and increase the use of cycling, public transport and car sharing
- Reduce private vehicle use
- Work with local schools to support sustainable travel options for school journeys
- Promote the health related benefits of active travel
- Promote the availability of public transport services