Benefits of the third river crossing
A third river crossing would support the town’s role as part of the East of England Energy Zone, as a centre for Offshore Renewable Engineering and provide a capacity for regeneration, economic growth and act as a catalyst for investment.
Great Yarmouth also hosts more than a third of all tourists staying in Norfolk and Suffolk worth £577million per year locally.
The benefits of the third river crossing include:
- Helps deliver up to 3,300 jobs
- Reduces congestion with up to 1,000 and 200 vehicles removed from Haven and Breydon Bridges respectively in peak periods
- Shorter journey times
- More attractive to inward investors
- Improved quality of life for residents and employees
- Reduces high season congestion
- Gross Value Added (GVA) uplift of £150m per annum