Costs of the third river crossing
Norfolk County Council welcomes funding for the Great Yarmouth Third River Crossing. The Autumn Budget (22 November 2017) contained some great news for Norfolk as the Chancellor announced the approval of the Outline Business Case for the Great Yarmouth Third River Crossing. This announcement means that the project has been awarded 'programme entry' status by the Department of Transport.
Since 2003 we have invested close to £4m towards a third river crossing and this announcement will allow us deliver the Third River Crossing for Great Yarmouth:
- 2003-2009 - Invested £1.1m to identify the preferred crossing type and route
- 2009-2015 - Invested £2.8m to acquire properties and land to safeguard the route
- 2015-2016 - £2m funding secured via the New Anglia Local Enterprise Partnership
- 2016 - £1.2m successful bid submission to the Department of Transport for the next stage of planning and design
- 2017 - Successful major funding announcement of £98 million for the Third River Crossing