Thorpe Road closure and diversion information: 7-20 June 2021 (overnight closures for Carrow Road on 3 and 4 June are no longer needed)
Start: Monday 15 March 2021
Expected completion: early July 2021
Details of work
- Introduction of a new contraflow bus and cycle lane on Thorpe Road between Carrow Road and Clarence Road
- Removal of traffic signals and changes to the traffic islands at the Thorpe Road/Carrow Road junction
- Changes to the traffic signals and traffic island at the Thorpe Road/Clarence Road junction
- Footway and carriageway resurfacing on Thorpe Road and Clarence Road
- Additional ‘at any time’ waiting restrictions on Thorpe Road and Carrow Road
- A new zebra crossing on Thorpe Road, east of its junction with Carrow Road
View the public information notice relating to the construction of this project
More information about traffic management and road closures can be found in the Latest project plan and current Traffic Regulation Orders list on this page.
As part of our Transforming Cities application we are currently considering a proposal to introduce a bus and cycle contraflow lane along Thorpe Road between its junction with Clarence Road and Carrow Road.
This scheme will improve journey times to the rail station and city centre for those travelling by public transport or cycle along this busy corridor.
You can download the plans for the proposed scheme from the Latest project plan and current Traffic Regulation Orders list on this page.
Following the public consultation in March 2020, the Transforming Cities Fund Joint Committee have approved this proposal for progression to statutory consultation on the Traffic Regulation Orders required to progress the scheme to construction.
You will be able to view details of all Traffic Regulation Orders on Citizenspace once they have been published.
Read more about what Traffic Regulation Orders are and what they cover.